How to be more like the super savers

While shows such as Extreme Couponing perpetuate the idea that saving money requires extensive amounts of time and hyperfocus, there are actually many people who manage to amass large amounts of savings without resorting to extreme measures.  This list shows common traits that have been shown by researchers to be shared among people who manage to save a large amount of money.  While some of these ideas can't help you now (starting to save as a child, for example), they can help to inspire you to make some changes.  Also, seeing this list may give you some ideas of characteristics that you might want to instill in your own children.  In addition to clipping coupons, you may want to read up on these traits and think about ways to modify your own savings habits.  One piece of advice that I strongly suggest that you follow is to make savings automatic.  I have a set amount taken out of each paycheck and deposited directly into a savings account.  Since I have never seen that money, I don't feel like I have it.  Meanwhile, with every paycheck my savings keeps growing.  It's like the "set it and forget it" plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment